Our Commitment To Privacy
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy, we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used.
The Information We Collect
This notice applies to all information collected or submitted on the Swipe Bucket website, Swipe Bucket
email, and the Swipe Bucket applications and services for iPhone, iPad, Android, Kindle, and other devices
and platforms, hereafter referred to as simply Swipe Bucket.
Swipe Bucket occasionally needs to collect information for convenience, practicality, or technical requirements. This information includes:
- Your email address as your username. A username is technically required so you can log in from multiple computers and devices.
- Your chosen password. A hash of your password is stored in the Swipe Bucket database, and the plain-text password is only used for hash comparison to the stored value.
- The titles, highlights, and annotations from books and articles which you save to Swipe Bucket from Amazon Kindle and any other means.
- The post, photos, videos, product details you save from Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Amazon and any other sources.
Like most Web sites, Swipe Bucket also collects and stores information automatically and through the use of electronic tools that may be transparent to our visitors. For example, we may log the name of your Internet Service Provider, your IP address, and information provided by and about your Internet browser. As we adopt additional technology, we may also gather similar information through other means.
The Way We Use Information
We use the information you provide to deliver Swipe Bucket's features. We do not share this information
with outside parties except to the extent necessary to accomplish Swipe Bucket's functionality.
We use your email addresses to send you the Swipe Bucket email, to send periodic updates regarding Swipe Bucket’s features, and to answer the email we receive. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with outside parties.
We use non-identifying and aggregate information to better design Swipe Bucket, to suggest content to users, and to share with advertisers and publishers. For example:
- We may aggregate the most popular books and the most popular highlights in order to suggest content for users who have read similar books or taken similar highlights.
- We may anonymously use the titles of the books you’ve read and highlighted to recommend other books that you may enjoy.
- We may tell an advertiser or publisher that X number of people imported Z annotations from a particular book.
- We may tell an advertiser or publisher that X number of people visited a certain area on our website.
- We may tell an advertiser or publisher that most used topics, current affairs, keywords stored on our website.
When information is used in this or a similar manner, we do not disclose anything that could be used to identify the individuals on whom the information is based.
We may disclose your information in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or to defend against legal claims.
We may disclose your information when we believe it necessary or desirable in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our policies, and/or to protect our rights and property.
In the future, we may sell, buy, merge, or partner with other companies or businesses. In such transactions, user information may be among the transferred assets.
Publicly Accessible Information
In the future, Swipe Bucket may contain social and sharing functionality, including:
- Others can view your favorite books, highlights, and annotations if you reveal or share their associated RSS-feed URLs.
- Other can view your folders, contents and articles if you reveal or share with other users of the site.
External services beyond Swipe Bucket's control are integrated with Swipe Bucket where necessary, such as
Amazon, Facebook, Mixpanel, and Google
Analytics for traffic measurement and tracking.
Analytics and Google Adwords
Facebook Remarketing Service
Swipe Bucket makes reasonable efforts to ensure that all integrated external services are trustworthy and reputable, but Swipe Bucket cannot be held responsible for data collection and usage by such services.
Our Commitment To Data Security
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Our Commitment To Children's Privacy
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our website from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13.
How You Can Access Or Correct Your Information
You can access all your personally identifiable information that we collect online and maintain by logging into your Swipe Bucket account on the Swipe Bucket website at http://www.Swipe Bucket.io/dashboard.
You can correct factual errors in your personally identifiable information by changing or deleting the erroneous information, by emailing us at email@example.com.
To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
You can delete your entire Swipe Bucket account at any time by by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visiting https://Swipe Bucket.io/settings. If you delete your account, all account information and saved page data is deleted from the Swipe Bucket service within 24 hours.
Due to the nature of backups and logs, deleted data may persist in backups and logs until they are deleted.
How To Contact Us
Should you have other questions or concerns about these privacy policies, please email email@example.com. At this time, we only have the ability to receive and send English-language communications.
Changes To This Policy
Swipe Bucket reserves the right to change this policy at any time. Please check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of Swipe Bucket following the posting of changes to this policy will mean you accept those changes.